Embrace presents a
Life Planning Workshop for Parents of Children with Special Needs
Is your family prepared to make decisions regarding all aspects of your child’s life if something happens to you?
Do you know what resources are available to you and your family now and in the future?
Do you know that a will and trust is only one small step in providing a comprehensive care plan that will follow your child even when you’re gone?
Saturday, October 27, 2018
from 8:00AM – 5:00PM
$50 0 $200 for Embrace Families.
What you’ll learn:
- Applying for and keeping SSI – How to apply, When to apply, What to do prior to applying.
- Medicaid and waiver programs – Which program is right for you and your child’s needs?
- Wills and Trusts – Why is it important and how do you set it up to make sure your children are protected?
- Estate Planning – It’s not just a will and a trust. What else do you need to consider and include?
- Guardianship – What does it mean to have guardianship and do you need it?
- Life Planning – A life plan for your child goes beyond a will, a trust and a financial plan. What else do you need and how do you make sure that, when you’re gone, the plan has been communicated to everyone?
What you will get from the workshop:
- A hard copy of a life plan for your child that can be passed on to other caregivers.
- An opportunity to meet and talk with a guest panel of residential, vocational and day program providers.
- Access to lawyers who can answer questions regarding wills, trusts and guardianship for special needs families.
- Life Planners with personal experience in caring for special needs children and adults will be available to answer specific questions