Simplest of Gifts
Every year, approximately 25,000 teenagers “age out” of foster care in the United States.
80% of these youth cannot support themselves 4 years after emancipating.
46% do not have a high school diploma or GED.
50% are unemployed.
25% experiences homelessness.
20% are arrested after leaving care.
We can intervene in this cycle of brokenness by providing basic household items to these youth in order to build a relationship and partner with them as they transition into independence. If you would like more information regarding Simplest of Gifts, or our other efforts with transitioning foster youth, contact Katie McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your church, team, business or community group would like to volunteer with Simplest of Gifts, we would love to have you.
Please view options below and fill out the contact form above and a regional coordinator will get in touch with you regarding available opportunities.
DELIVER dropped off items to transition centers for youth
ORGANIZE items that have been donated and dropped off
BECOME a regional coordinator for groups in your area
DONATE online gifts or items, please click below
All donated items must be new and in any original packaging.
- Sheet set (twin or queen)
- Blanket (twin or queen)
- Mattress pad (twin or queen)
- Bed pillow (standard)
- Comforter (twin or queen)
- Large laundry basket
- Bath, hand, wash towels (2 each)
- Shower curtain, liner & rings
- Bathroom rug set
- Pot and skillet (with lids)
- Dishware (4-8 place settings)
- Drinking glasses (8 piece set)
- Flatware (4-8 piece place settings)
- Kitchen serving utensil set
- Cookie sheets (2)
- Hot pads and dishcloths
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Kitchen trash can & bags
- Cleaning supplies (broom, mop, etc.)
- Laundry, dish and dishwasher detergent
- $25 Walmart or Target giftcard
Small appliances like toasters, electric can openers, griddles, vacuum cleaners, etc. may also be donated. For any questions, email email@example.com.