A mobile, photographic exhibit of children in North Texas waiting for adoption from foster care
The vision of Embrace is a loving, stable home for every child, and the Portraits of Hope gallery is just one way we are working to make that vision a reality. You can be a part of finding adoptive families for children lingering in foster care. The gallery would not be possible without the financial support of congregations in our community who care about kids.
We are always looking for exhibit locations around North Texas (priority given to Collin County locations)! Read through the information below, then submit an inquiry form if you would like to host the display.
The exhibit is modular and can be customized to any space. Portraits are displayed on wooden easels, but can also be affixed to (most) wall surfaces using non-damaging strips. The photographs should be displayed indoors in a monitored area to insure they are not damaged or exposed to weather. Portraits of Hope may be displayed in churches*, public government buildings, libraries, schools and at adoption or child welfare related events. Exceptions are considered on a case by case basis.
* Host churches must affirm our Statement of Faith .
Typically, the display is installed for 3 weeks at each location. One-day or event-specific time frames can be considered on a case by case basis. Our staff will visit the site in advance (if necessary), install and deinstall the display.
- Schedule the exhibit at an approved location & appropriate exhibit space.
- Keep the exhibit area tidy and portraits safe. Refill handouts as needed.
- Make a suggested $100 exhibit donation to help cover the cost of portrait production, delivery and setup.
- Have a follow-up plan in place for those interested in fostering, adopting or volunteering (ask Embrace, we can help!) such as a foster parent info meeting, donation drive or respite event.