Are you interested in learning about becoming a foster or adoptive parent? Would you like to participate in a casual conversation where you can get answers to your questions? Join us at “First Steps”, a quarterly informational gathering at the Embrace Office in Historic Downtown McKinney. Sit down with our staff and hear more about:
- The differences between private infant adoption, international adoption, fostering to adopt, and straight adoption from foster care
- Requirements to become a licensed foster or adoptive parent in Texas
- How to start the licensing process
- Things to consider when selecting a child placing agency
- Honest answers to your questions and concerns about opening your home
Upcoming First Steps Meetings:
- Thursday, July 25 from 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Please register here and email [email protected] with any questions. First Steps gatherings take place whether we have 2 guests or 10. This gathering is open to couples or individuals-please also register your spouse if he or she is coming. We also have a small adjoining play room for any little ones that may need come along. We look forward to meeting you!
Can I adopt
Embrace is not a child placing agency. This means we do not license families to foster or adopt and do not place children in homes. We help foster and adoptive families, no matter when/where/how they care for children build a supportive community and find the belonging and encouragement they need on this journey. The DFW area is home to many wonderful child placing and adoption agencies to choose from.